Day 2: Top Features to look for on a Mobile app for your Conference
This is part two of our Mobile App Bootcamp. In the first part we talked about the value creation / ROI Builder of the mobile apps for Conferences.
Tomorrow we will talk about using a mobile app, because this is not just about the event, and how you leverage this capability during the event.
The Mobile apps have, typically, the following functionality
- Our Mobile applications work natively on iPhones, iPads, Android tablets and phones, and also on Kindle Fires. No internet connectivity required – apps are native, not web browsers. Conference venues are not known for good wifi or carrier coverage.
- The usual features for a mobile app: Meeting Agenda, Speaker Profile, Meeting materials.
- “Alerts” that allow an event organizer to “push” announcements via the app.
- Personalized calendar for all participants – “My Calendar”
- Rating and comments for all sessions are built in the agenda
- Exhibitors and Sponsor categories, with detailed entries for each partner, including social media integration.
- Social media integration from within the app (so a participant can tweet, connect in LinkedIn, like in facebook etc.)
- Able to create a demo for your event, for free, in 48 hours. Would worry about big developer teams and weeks turn-around.
- A participant can “show interest” for an Exhibitor. The Exhibitor is notified immediately of the interest.
- A participant can ask “send literature” to an Exhibitor. The Exhibitor is notified immediately of the interest.
Remember, at Zwoor.com we offer our mobile applications full featured, even for the free plan. This makes us quite different than our competitors, who charge for “My Calendar”, “Exhibitors” or “Social media integration”.